How to quote

Home Forums How to register, post etc. How to quote

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  hallenrm 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

AdminCSEC
    Keymaster

Often members want to quote someone else during a post, but do not know how to do it. Here’s thhe method.

1.Copy the text you wish to quote, and paste it where you want it to appear.
    2. Insert the tag [quote=”name of the person”] to insert the name the person whose post you are quoting
    3. Now put the tag /quote within square brackets [] at the end of the text you want to quote. Alternatively just select the text you wish to quote and press the button in the toolbox of the pasting a message window.
    4. If you are quoting from an external source, e.g. a website, please specify the source. The format we like is:

Source: url of the site (that can be copied from your browser window, e.g. http://wikipedia.org/……

I hope you find it useful, in case of any difficulty please do inform me.

ramanand
    Participant

thankyou very much sir.
    i have one more problem, that is how to add image in the post reply?

hallenrm
    Participant

All you need is to copy the url of the image file, paste it in your message and put [img] and [/img] before and after the url you have posted, note no blank spaces between the tags and the url

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.