Suggestion for a’draft-saving’ feature at Vimarsh

Home Forums Suggestions Suggestion for a’draft-saving’ feature at Vimarsh

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  hallenrm 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

AdminCSEC
    Keymaster

A suggestion:

Can we have a ‘draft-saving’ feature at Vimarsh, as it is there currently on Gmail & MS Word, where the ‘draft’ one is currently working upon is automatically saved after every 2 minutes

It certainly would help a lot, as the members then won’t have to waste their time first preparing the post in MS Word & then copying & pasting it on Vimarsh!

I thought about it just recently, when I lost my data( third time on the trot in 3 days Exclamation ) ready for posting due to the modem-failure.

It has become quitea regular feature nowadays, as it negates out the possibility of any data-loss and the hassles/worries asociated with it

Only when the last tree has died
    and the last river has been poisoned
    and the last fish been caught
    will we realize we cannot eat money.

-Cree Indian proverb

hallenrm
    Participant

I have recently installed Ubuntu 8.10 OS on my PC in place of Windows NT, and have discovered that in this OS even if power goes off, in between posting, you can still recover the post in progress.

In addition it has an automatic spell check feature!

So, if someone desires to save drafts or protect against losing posts while posting, i would unhesitatingly recommend Ubuntu

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.